2018-19 Florence City Schools Bus Route Schedule: (Updated July 26, 2018)
Forest Hills Elementary | Harlan Elementary | Weeden Elementary | Hibbett Middle School
Florence Middle School (Updated 08/06/18) | Florence Freshman Center | Florence High School
Traffic flow map for Florence Middle School
& Hibbett Middle School Campus
Bus transportation is provided by the Florence City Board of Education under the state-sponsored transportation program. Bus services are contracted through First Student Transportation Services. Drivers must have their CDL licenses and all are fingerprinted for background checks by the State of Alabama.
Each bus is equipped with a video/audio camera to record the daily operations and behavior on the bus.
The following regulations govern the transportation program:
- To be eligible a student must live in the city limits of Florence and must live more than two miles from a school that serves his/her grade.
- Students are not picked up door-to-door; routes are set at designated intersections.
- Under federal law, students who need special transportation must have their special transportation needs specified in their Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or Section 504 Plan.
- Students in kindergarten through fourth grade must have a parent or guardian at the bus stop to put them on the bus in the morning and get them off the bus in the afternoon.
- Under state law (Charles “Chuck” Poland, Jr. Act – Alabama Act 2013-347) NO person can Trespass on a school bus.
- Students may be assigned seats on the bus.
- Drivers will report discipline problems to the principal or assistant principal and if necessary, a student may be removed from riding a bus. Remember: bus transportation is a privilege and should never be abused.
- Each bus schedule shows the approximate pick-up time; students should be at the stop 8 to 10 minutes prior to the given time.
If you have any questions regarding bus transportation for Florence City Schools, please contact the Director of Transportation, Dr. Auty Horn, at 256 768-3022 or Secretary/Bookkeeper, Stephanie Winborn, at 256 768-3025.
||Some documents on this page require Adobe Reader. You can download it for free from adobe.com