Scholarship Applications Due In October
Information for each scholarship will be updated to the current application season as I receive information. I will always add new or updated info to the top of the list.
EPIC FLIGHT ACADEMY – AVIATION SCHOLARSHIP
DEADLINE: Oct. 1, 2022
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
This program awards a full scholarship to earn a Private Pilot’s License (up to $20,000 in flight training) and a Partial Scholarship of $5,000 toward flight training. Also, 2 Aircraft Mechanics Program Scholarships ($20,000) will be awarded. The scholarships are open to all U.S. high school juniors and seniors.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must currently be a junior or senior attending high school in the U.S.
- Must be turning 16 years of age or older on or before December 31, 2021
- Must be able to start training within 12 months of receiving the scholarship
- Must be able to utilize the scholarship within 24 months
- Must have parent or guardian’s approval if under 18 years of age
- Must have consistent, reliable transportation to attend Epic Flight Academy or be willing to relocate here during training
- Must be able to present a Third Class Medical
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should first review the required elements of the 2022 Scholarship Application below. Then, once applicants have completed all of the following elements, they may use the application which can be found on the website listed above.
WENDY'S HIGH SCHOOL HEISMAN SCHOLARSHIP
DUE DATE: October 18, 2022, no later than 5:00pm
DESCRIPTION: To be eligible for this scholarship program, students must:
1. be a senior graduating with the Class of 2023
2. have a 3.0 or higher GPA
3. Participate in any one of the sports recognized by the International Olympic Committee or the National Federation of State High Schools Association (see website for list of these sports) and sponsored by FHS
4. Be a leader in school and in the community and serve as a role model for underclassmen
AMOUNT: National Winners receive a $5,000 college scholarship to use anywhere in the United States.
HOW TO APPLY:
- A student may begin the application process by clicking Apply Now in the header of the website to be redirected to the application website.
- Students will enter their email address and be prompted to provide some basic account information and create a username and password for their application.
- If deemed eligible, students should then select “Begin Application” to complete the rest of the student profile section.
- Once a complete profile is created, the student’s unique application ID will appear at the top of his/her application by their name. It is important to retain this number for prospective customer service inquires.
- Eligible students may then continue to fill out the application. The application is scored by Scholarship America to determine school winners through national finalists. National winners are selected by a committee who reviews the national finalist applications.
- Students may navigate the various sections of the application using tabs located at the top of the application after the student profile is created. If the student misses a required section, he/she will receive an error message and will not be able to submit their application until the required information is entered.
- Students must provide an accurate email address of the school official who will login to review the application and its contents, and confirm its accuracy. This school official cannot be related nor a parent/guardian of the student.
- Students may login to their accounts as often as needed prior to the student application deadline, or until their application has been submitted. Students will need to retain their username and password to login again.
Gerald Goche Innovation Scholarship
Deadline: October 14, 2022
$2000 scholarship for Engineering or Marketing students
Send your idea for naming the electric vehicle with an essay. Must be a senior applying to college with a 3.75+ gpa who participates in extracurricular activities.
VOICE OF DEMOCRACY SCHOLARSHIP
WEBSITE: Application information
DEADLINE: October 31, 2022
WHAT IS IT?
Since 1947, the Voice of Democracy has been the Veterans of Foreign Wars’ (VFW’s) premier scholarship program. Students compete by writing and recording an audio essay on an annual patriotic theme. This year’s theme is, American History: Our Hope for the Future. Prizes and scholarships can be awarded at the Post, District, state and national level. State winners will be honored by the VFW and its Auxiliary and receive their portion of $154,000 in national awards, the top scholarship being $35,000.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Any student in grades 9-12 may apply, as long as he/she is a US citizen or has applied for citizenship.
HOW TO APPLY:
Record an original 3-5 minute essay on an audio CD or a flash drive. Submit your typed essay, your recording, and your completed entry form to Mr. Winfree by noon on Oct. 31st. Our local VFW representative will come by the school to pick up our entries for judging. See the entry form (at website above) for additional details about the content of the essay.
UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA'S UNIVERSITY DAYS
MVP Day -Saturday, November 12 (Multicultural Visitation Program)
These dates are preview days on UA's campus and provide great information for prospective students and parents. If you plan to attend, you will need to register on this website: visit.ua.edu/university-days/
The slots fill up quickly, so make plans asap!
SAMFORD UNIVERSITY PREVIEW DAYS
- September 24
- November 5
- November 19
You must register for these preview days prior to attending. www.samford.edu/admission/preview-days
NHS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
DEADLINE: Applications open Sept. 19, 2022 with deadline November 30, 2022 at 1:00pm ET
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
High school seniors who are National Honor Society (NHS) members in good standing of an affiliated NHS chapter are eligible to apply for the scholarship. There are no limits to the number of applications per school or chapter.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications must be accompanied by three recommendations—one from the NHS adviser (Mrs. Musgrove), one from the school principal, and a third from a faculty member of the student's choice. Applications are not considered complete unless all components (the student application and three recommendations) have been completed and submitted.
Levine Scholarship Program at UNC Charlotte
This scholars program seeks outstanding high school seniors who demonstrate evidence of experience, motivation,and commitment toward the ideals of the Levine Scholars Program.
See the senior counselor at FHS before September 30 if you are interested in UNNC and this program.
JACKSONVILLE STATE UNIVERSITY - FALL PREVIEW DAYS
Explore the JSU campus, talk with faculty in your academic area of interest, and hear from experts on the enrollment process... Register for one of the Preview Days below by visiting: www.jsu.edu/visit/events.html
MISSISSIPPI STATE UNIVERSITY - PREVIEW DAYS
The goal at Preview Days is to invite students to spend an entire day on campus and see what a day in the life of a bulldog is all about. Students will also hear from academic representatives, check out the residence halls, see campus facilities, receive a t-shirt, and eat lunch. Students must register for one of the dates below by visiting: www.goto.msstate.edu/portal/fall-preview-day Slots fill up quickly, so register asap! Registration opens on Sept. 6th
FALL 2022 PREVIEW DATES:
NATIONAL JUMPSTART SCHOLARSHIP
DEADLINE: Midnight on Oct. 17, 2022
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
To apply for the College JumpStart Scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
1) High school 10th-12th grader, college student or non-traditional student;
2) U.S. citizen or legal resident;
3) Attend or plan to attend an accredited 2-year, 4-year or vocational / trade school in the U.S.
4) Be committed to using education to better your life and that of your family and/or community.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete the online form at the link listed above, including the "personal statement" section.
PROJECT GREEN ECO-CHALLENGE
Project Green Challenge is a 30 day contest, from October 1-30, that informs high school, college and grad school students about eco-conscious living. Learn more and sign up at: projectgreenchallenge.com
The daily challenges explore themes like carbon footprint, sustainable agriculture, wellness, organic and non-GMO food, ethical fashion, and more. Up to 14 finalists win a trip to San Francisco, CA for a three-day ecosummit in November. The Grand Champion will receive a prize package valued at $5,000.
AES ENGINEERING SCHOLARSHIPS - NOT JUST FOR ENGINEERING MAJORS
DUE DATE: Oct. 8, 2022
DESCRIPTION: These scholarships are intended for our future leaders across a wide spectrum of fields of study. You do not have to take Engineering courses to be eligible. AES Engineering believes that achieving a high grade point average should not be the only criteria for determining who deserves to be helped. For that reason, they are offering a scholarship that will be awarded on the basis of character, as determined by evaluating the essays that are submitted.
HOW TO APPLY: Email an attachment of your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org There is no application packet for this award. Please do not include your resume at this time. INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME, THE FULL NAME OF THE SCHOOL YOU ATTEND, AND YOUR PLANS FOR NEXT YEAR IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL.
SCAD CHALLENGE: FINE ARTS SCHOLARSHIPS
DUE DATE: Feb. 14, 2022
DESCRIPTION: Scholarships for film and animation, photography, comic book, 2-D, poster, and fashion. Check out submission guidelines, view winners’ gallery, and get award info by visiting the website.
AWARD AMOUNT: Varies
YOUNG ARTS FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS
DUE DATE: Midnight on Oct. 14, 2022
DESCRIPTION: Application to YoungArts is made through the completion of an on-line application and submission of an online audition portfolio. No references or academic transcripts are required. There is a $35 (non-refundable) application fee per category. Fee waivers are available. Students may apply to more than one discipline or category. Students ages 15-18 or Grades 10-12 who are interested in acting, dancing, filmmaking, music, photography, singing, visual arts, and/or writing are encouraged to apply!
AMOUNT: Awards range from $250 to $10,000
CONTACT INFO: Email email@example.com if you have any specific questions about the application process.
Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
Deadline: October 31
Application here: https://www.coca-colascholarsfoundation.org/apply/
Must be a high school senior in the U.S.
Minimum 3.0 gpa
CANNOT be children or grandchildren of current employees, officers, or owners of Coca-Cola. More details on the website.