1. Click on the link above to create a new FSA ID. You will need one ID and your parent/guardian will need another ID in order to complete your FAFSA application.
2. Answer the questions, and be sure to click on the “?” beside each one if you are having trouble. PLEASE WRITE DOWN YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD IN MORE THAN ONE PLACE! IT IS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO CHANGE THIS INFORMATION LATER.
3. You will be asked to create challenge questions. PLEASE SELECT FACTUAL QUESTIONS SO THAT THE INFORMATION CAN BE LOCATED IF IT IS FORGOTTEN.
4. You must also select a significant date in your life, other than your birthday. PLEASE WRITE THIS INFORMATION DOWN IN MULTIPLE LOCATIONS!
5. Lastly, you will be asked to verify the email address you entered by typing in a secure code that was sent to you. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! YOU MIGHT NEED TO RECOVER A PASSWORD LATER, AND IT IS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO DO WITHOUT A VERIFIED EMAIL ADDRESS.
Your parent/guardian will also need an FSA ID before you can complete the FAFSA. Please make sure that you assist them with this process and ask them to WRITE DOWN THEIR LOGIN INFORMATION IN MULTIPLE LOCATIONS!
The following video has been provided by UNA to help you complete the FAFSA.