About The Teacher
Degrees and Certifications:
University of North Alabama: B.S. E.D Substitute Teaching License - AL: Florence, Muscle Shoals, Tuscumbia City Schools
Miss Madelyn Devaney
Hello! My name is Madelyn DeVaney and I am a first-grade teacher at Weeden Elementary School. The 2021-2022 school year will be my first year teaching and I am looking forward to all of the learning and fun to come. I graduated from the University of North Alabama with a bachelor's degree in Elementary Education and am certified to teach K-6th grade. While in college, I worked at Kilby Laboratory School in their after-school program and also served as an ambassador for the College of Education and Human Sciences. In 2019, I earned my Substitute Teaching License and have been substitute teaching in local schools for the past two years. In January 2021, I conducted my Student Teaching Internship at Forest Hills Elementary school in first grade and successfully completed all requirements to gain my teaching certification in Alabama. I knew then I wanted to be a Florence Falcon and I am so grateful to be a part of the wonderful things happening in our district. Roar Lions and Go Falcons! Let`s have a great school year!
More about me:
- I graduated from Muscle Shoals High School with honors.
- I have lived in the Shoals all of my life and I am grateful for the opportunity to give back through my profession!
- My immediate family includes my Mom, Dad, younger brother John, and our dog Sam.
- I attend First Baptist Church in Florence.
- Quality time with my loved ones is a very important part of my life.
- Coffee and warm teas are something I enjoy every day!
- I have known teaching is my calling for the majority of my life and student success is my biggest priority at school!
I believe every child can learn and my goal is to provide a space for every child to achieve their own personal best.
Miss. DeVaney`s Daily Schedule:
7:20-7:30am - Arrival & Unpack
7:30-7:50am - Morning Meeting
8:00-9:55am - Reading Block
10:00-10:45am - Specials Time
- Mon - Library
- Tue - Counseling
- Wed - STEM
- Thurs - Music
- Fri - Art
10:50-11:00am - Recess
11:05-11:35am - Lunch
11:40-12:40pm - Math Block
12:45-1:15pm - P.E.
1:20-2:25pm - Intervention/Writing/Science/Social Studies Block
2:25-2:30pm - Pack up & Dismissal