The hours and credits successfully completed by students in these classes are state accredited and can be transferred to postsecondary and private schools. Instruction is designed to prepare students for the Alabama licensing examinations. Topics of study include the following:
- Nail Care
- Skin Care
Students are required to purchase supplies or materials for various specialized courses. Students enrolled in Cosmetology classes are encouraged to participate in Skills USA-VICA.
SkillsUSA Work Force Ready System. This system provides assessments for Career and Technical Education that are supported by industry, education and policy leaders.
- Haircolor Specialist
- Texture Specialist
- Cutting Specialist
- Salon Trainer
- Distributor Sales Consultant
- Cosmetology Instructor
- Salon Manager
- Various Cosmetology Labs
- Creation of Safety Poster
- Spa Day
- Salon Project/Wedding "Updos"
- Guest Speakers from Mary Kay and Backscratchers Nails
- Field Trip to The Professional Academy & Paul Mitchell
- Salon Project/Opening a Salon/Opening a Spa