|Instructor: Emily Edwards
- Introduction to Culinary/Hospitality
- Culinary I (Fall - 1 Semester)
- Culinary II (Spring - 1 Semester)
- Senior Pathway Project (Advanced Culinary Students only)
- Baking & Pastry
In the culinary classroom, you will learn cooking techniques, skills, and terms used by chefs! Culinary students wear their chef uniform while in the kitchens and will cook in a restaurant style kitchen. Students learn to serve in a restaurant style dining room. The best part? Culinary students get to eat what they cook!
Credentialing & Career Information
ServSafe Manager’s Certification – All Culinary I students will participate in this restaurant required certification. All restaurant shifts require at least one manager to be ServSafe Certified.
Career choices include but are not limited to:
- Pastry Chef
- Food Researcher
- Food Service Manager
- Hotel Management
- Restaurant Management
- Cruise Director
- Banquet Manager
- Event Planner
- Country Club Director
- Catering Director
- Business Owner
- Culinary Instructor, High School & College Level
Student Organizations, Community Service Projects, Projects & Activities, Field Trips & Awards
FCCLA: Family, Career & Community Leaders of America
Events & Opportunities:
- Leadership development; fun activities; resume builder; community service
- Membership Dues: $15.00 Per Year
- Leadership opportunities include local club officer; state officer; and even national officer.
- Competition events at every level: local, state, & national
Annual Community Service Projects:
- FCCLA: Purchase clothing items for HOPE students – those Florence Students in Florence City Schools who are homeless.
- Culinary: Hope for Honduras Benefit Dinner – to help local citizens raise funds for “Rebecca’s Table.” A soup kitchen in Roatan, Honduras sponsored by the First United Methodist Church of Florence.
- Culinary: Children’s Culinary Camp – raise funds for FHS students to attend FCCLA National Leadership Conference & STAR Events
Projects & Activities
- Southern Heritage Ham & Turkey Sales
- FHS Homecoming parade
- HOPE Project
- Handy Head Start Literacy Project
- FCCLA Week for Faculty & Staff
- STAR Events
- CTSO Scavenger Hunt
- Various Holiday Parties with other CTSO’s
- Joint Leadership Development Conference - Montgomery
- State Meeting & STAR Events – Montgomery
- National Leadership Conference & STAR Events – Orlando, FL (2012), Nashville, TN (2013), San Antonio, TX (2014)
- Lauderdale County Beef Cook Off
- Alabama State Beef Cook Off
- Culinary State STAR Events
- State Food Innovation STAR Events
- National Leadership Conference & STAR Events!
- Many more to choose from!