Career Technical Education
Giving you tomorrow....Today!
Developing the Person, Student, & Skilled Worker
Program Mission – Development
- To equip students with the knowledge and skillsets necessary toward developing independently productive employees
- Industry Career Credentials
- MSSC (Manufacturing Skills Standards Curriculum)
- Ready to Work Certification
- 12 for Life has more than 2,000 graduates since 2007.
- The program is preparing students to be employable, educated young people prepared to enter the workforce.
- 12 for Life students attend school for a portion of the day and work in a Southwire manufacturing and other facilities for another portion of the day.
- Students spend their time learning important work and life skills from supervisors and dedicated school system-employed educators.
- Students receive real-world training such as decision making skills, personal accountability, resume building, communication skills, and more.
It all adds up to a successful model that other businesses and schools systems can – and should – use to improve graduation rates and improve long-term earning capacity for the community.
What is 12 for Life?
12 for Life seeks to instill in students the belief that, if they complete a full 12 years of education, they will have better lives. By combining traditional classroom instruction with jobs inside a real manufacturing plant, the unique partnership between Southwire Company and the Florence City School System ensures students receive a balanced education. They get the best of all worlds by working regular hours, earning actual wages and – most importantly – learning skills they will need after they graduate.