Season flu and COVID-19 Information
March 8, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
With the recently elevated discussion regarding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), Florence City Schools wants to take a moment to reinforce wellness measures. These behaviors are universal to protect against both the spread of seasonal flu and Coronavirus.
FCS continues to be in direct communication with the Alabama Department of Public Health regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The FCS Health Services Department is passing along all updates to our school nurses, and at this time, there are no confirmed cases in our community.
We are aware of the concerns of our community and encourage our students, staff and families to be mindful of basic preventive measures. The Center for Disease Control offers tips on its website that can be useful in avoiding the spread of seasonal flu and Coronavirus.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when sick.
- Cough or sneeze into an elbow or use a tissue and place immediately in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- A student should be fever-free for 24-hours before returning to school.
Thank you for your continued support in keeping our students and staff healthy. More information on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is available at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus or by calling 2-1-1.
Dr. Jimmy Shaw, Superintendent
Florence City Schools